Health is generally the result of a lifestyle that is lived for years. Many people who are aged have experienced various serious illnesses. But don’t be surprised if people who have reached their 70s still look healthy.
Many people do not really understand how to keep themselves healthy, both physically and mentally. Though living healthy and happy is the key to longevity. That is, the happier a person is, the greater the possibility that person will live longer. Well, one simple way you can do to live happier and longevity is to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Everyone will want a healthy body condition, but when asked about what has been done to make it happen, most of them answer not doing anything special because they feel that their body is ‘healthy’ – without understanding what is meant by a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Food Intake
Make sure that the food in your plate meets the principle of balanced nutrition, which includes carbohydrates, fiber, protein, and good fats. Don’t just depend on one type of staple food. You can replace staple foods with corn, noodles, sweet potatoes, or potatoes. So, you don’t have to keep rice.
Also pay attention to your meal portions. Paying attention to the size of the meal is very important to prevent you from being overweight and attacked by various chronic diseases. Remember, anything that is excessive is certainly not good for the body.
In addition to sorting out food to be consumed, you also need to be wise in processing it. Avoid processing food by frying. You can process food in a healthier way, such as boiling, steaming, or sautéing.
Drink 2 glasses of water immediately after waking up in the morning. At least wait 30-45 minutes before drinking juice or eating the next meal.
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables (preferably not cooked, can be juiced) either in the morning or in the evening. Fruit is eaten separately. When you eat berries, leave at least 30 minutes before the next meal because otherwise the fruit will be able to disrupt the digestive process due to the fermentation process. Likewise after eating heavy foods such as rice and protein, wait at least 3 hours before you eat fruits.
Exercise every day
By actively moving, your body will try to burn the calories that settles in the body. Moreover, this can also help to flow more oxygen into the body’s cells and keep it healthy. No wonder if after sports or physical activity you feel more fit.
Sometimes a small change in your daily routine can help you become more active in sports.
Here are some tips on healthy living that you can do, including:
- Regular exercise can prevent the associated decrease in muscle mass and strength, improve balance, flexibility, and endurance, and reduce the risk of falls in the elderly.
- Regular exercise can help prevent coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure. Regular exercise that holds weights can also help prevent osteoporosis by building bone strength.
- Regular exercise can help increase self-confidence, reduce stress, improve mood, and improve mental health in general.
- Regular exercise can help control weight and help eliminate fat in the body.
Reduce Burden of Mind That Makes Stress
Pause for a moment from the activity that you are doing is normal. When you are feeling depressed, try to pull over for a while in a quiet place. Calm yourself while taking deep breaths and exhale slowly.
Healthy lifestyle does not only involve physical activity, but also includes mental health. The following are some steps to a healthy lifestyle that supports mental health, including:
- Get enough sleep every day. For adults, getting enough sleep is 7-9 hours every day.
- Try to do something new or do things that interest you.
- Have fun. Take a trip with someone you love, go shopping, or go fishing. Don’t let vacation time just pass by.
- Let yourself be happy with your own achievements, both large and small.
- Friendship network. Someone who has a strong social support system can lead a healthier life.
- Ask for help and advice early on if you feel depressed, have thoughts of suicide, or consider hurting yourself or someone else.
Try to smile and laugh loudly several times a day. It can help overcome situations that make you stressed. In addition, try to read funny stories, watch comedy movies, or tell jokes to express that happy feeling.
That is some tips for maintaining health every day easily without the hassle of going to the doctor to do unnecessary treatment.
Well, that is some healthy lifestyle that can be done to prevent the arrival of disease. Following the steps of a healthy lifestyle will give you the opportunity to live longer. Are you still hesitant to do some healthy living tips as above?